Greg Carney Launches C.G. Carney Associates
November 10, 2009
Greg Carney, who had previously served the Glass Association of North America (GANA) as its technical director for the past decade, announced today the launch of his new company, C.G. Carney Associates. The company will be providing architectural glass and glazing design, application and evaluation consulting services to building owners, developers, architects, engineers, general contractors, glazing contractors and glass manufacturers and fabricators. Carney will also provide consulting services to GANA.
Carney's career in the flat glass industry spans more that 28 years and has focused on technical applications of architectural glass.
"I'm very excited about the opportunities on the horizon," said Carney from his office in Gulfport, Miss. "My involvement with GANA has provided a great opportunity to learn more about the industry and participate in the development of codes, standards and reference resources; however, I am really looking forward to getting back directly involved in the construction process. I am also pleased to be in a position to serve the industry with continued support of GANA and its membership."
Carney's company will provide independent technical expertise in architectural glass and glazing applications and include the following:
- Architectural specification reviews and updates;
- Shop drawings reviews;
- Architectural glass thermal performance calculations;
- Glass strength and deflection analysis;
- Field evaluation of glass and glazing conditions during construction;
- Field investigation of glass and glazing application issues;
- Architectural glass breakage analysis;
- Glass and glazing product application analysis;
- Due diligence studies for glass and glazing applications;
- Quality assurance reviews for/of glass fabrication facilities;
- Glass and glazing building code and industry standards research and documentation;
- Product development focus group participation;
- New product evaluation and standard compliance;
- Representation in codes and standards development;
- Independent glass and glazing research papers and articles; and
- Independent glass and glazing educational seminars and industry updates.
“Greg's company will be able to service a wide variety of companies in the glass and glazing industry," said Bill Yanek, GANA executive vice president. "We are fortunate to be able to continue with his services on a consulting basis."
Anyone interested in consulting services from C.G. Carney Associates may contact the company at:
C. G. Carney Associates
Architectural Glass and Glazing Consulting Services
11655 Stanton Circle
Gulfport, MS 39503
The company will also be launching its website soon at www.cgcarneyassociates.com.
Need more info and analysis about the issues?
HERE to subscribe to USGlass magazine.