Vitro Architectural Products Announces Price Increase
June 6, 2011
Vitro America has announced a price increase for its Architectural Products segment, effective June 27, 2011. In a letter to customers dated today, Charles Witherington, vice president and general manager, Vitro Architectural Products, wrote “Our float glass suppliers have informed us of price increases effective during the latter part of June. The manufacturers state this increase is due to their higher costs of raw materials and energy.”
The Vitro Architectural Products price increase will affect the following:
The letter adds that energy surcharge costs will continue to be addressed separately.
- All clear float products, including pattern glass: 10 percent;
- All tinted float products: 8 percent;
- All coated products: 8 percent;
- Low-iron, acid-etched and all other specialty glass, excluding FireLite®: 8 percent; and
- All glass fabrication charges: 10 percent.
Need more info and analysis about the issues?
CLICK HERE to subscribe to USGlass magazine.