PPG Webcast Advises on Energy Project Implementation
March 11, 2010
PPG Industries participated in a U.S. Department of Energy webcast
yesterday to help fellow companies in the agency's Save Energy Now
LEADER program implement energy projects after an energy assessment.
The presentation was delivered by Jeff Yigdall, PPG director of
engineering and international business and chairman of the PPG energy
and greenhouse gas team.
Content focused on the following areas:
- Integrating energy project initiatives into an existing corporate
- Budgeting, planning, prioritizing and implementing energy projects;
- Preparing cost/benefit analyses;
- Allocating resources for short- and long-term projects;
- Establishing benchmarks to measure and promote success; and
- Completing a financial analysis and developing supporting documentation.
Save Energy Now is a national initiative that aims to drive a reduction
of 25 percent or more in industrial energy intensity in ten years.
LEADER companies, such as PPG, sign a voluntary pledge to reduce
their facilities' energy intensity by 25 percent in ten years.
In December 2007, PPG set a goal to reduce its total energy intensity
by 25 percent from 2006 to 2016, and it is currently on track to
meet this goal. The company joined the Save Energy Now LEADER program
in December 2009.
Need more info and analysis about the issues?
HERE to subscribe to USGlass magazine.