Sulkava of Uniglass Dies on Jobsite in New York
Jarmo Olavi Sulkava, the U.S. service agent for UniGlass Engineering
in Tampere, Finland, died while working at Rochester Insulated Glass
in Manchester, N.Y., on Wednesday.
According to an article from MPNnow, Sulkava had been electrocuted,
and was found lying before an electrical panel box. CLICK
HERE for the full story.
Sulkava, a native of Murole, Finland, living in Moon Township,
Pa., had been in the glass industry since 1984. (CLICK
HERE and scroll to page 7 for more about Sulkava.) He leaves
behind his wife, Kim, sons Vaughan and Pietari, and his stepson,
Nathan, as well as his parents, sister, nephews and nieces. CLICK
HERE to read Sulkava's obituary.
According to the article, the incident is being investigated by
the state Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA), as a
standard procedure. OSHA regulations require employers to report
deaths on the job within eight hours. According to information from
OSHA, an investigation can take as long as six months.
RIG had recently expanded its New York facility. (CLICK
HERE for that story.) The company could not be reached for a
comment on this developing story.
Need more info and analysis about the issues?
HERE to subscribe to USGlass magazine.