Companies Issue Fuel Surcharge Notices
Two glass companies have announced price increases as a result
of energy-diesel surcharges on float glass products.
Trulite Industries, the Mississauga, Ontario-based subsidiary of
Arch Aluminum & Glass, has announced that it will apply the following
surcharges on all glass thicknesses and types:
- Monolithic glass lite - $0.22 per square foot
- Double-glazed insulating glass units $0.44 per square foot
- Triple-glazed insulating glass units - $0.66 per square foot.
Torstenson Glass Co., an architectural glass and mirror fabricator
and distributor in Chicago, has announced that its glass suppliers
have increased their fuel surcharge to $1,675 per truckload. The
natural gas portion of the surcharge is $1,200 and the diesel fuel
component is $474. The company's new fuel surcharge wil be implemented
- · Full loads (44,000 pounds) - $1,675
- · Heavy pallets/cases (4,000 pounds) - $152 each
- · Light pallets/cases (2,000 pounds) - $76 each
- · Boxes (50 square feet) - $2 each
- · All others - 10 percent of invoice
The price increases for both companies will take effect as of April
When reached for comment, Douglas Studt, president of Torstenson
Glass Co., declined to comment due to ongoing industry-wide, price-related
HERE for the related story.) Several of these lawsuits have
cited energy surcharges as part of their allegations against glass
Need more info and analysis about the issues?
HERE to subscribe to USGlass magazine.