CGCA to Host Educational Luncheon
April 23, 2009
The Colorado Glazing Contractors Association (CGCA) will host an
educational luncheon on Friday May 1, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The event will take place at the Doubletree Hotel Denver Tech in
Denver and is free to CGCA members. Non-members are also invited
to attend for a nominal fee.
The program will focus on sealants and adhesives used in the contract
glazing industry. Emphasis will be placed on hands on experience
and application techniques. Speakers include Gene E. Dorman, product/applications
engineer for Momentive Performance Materials Inc., for PRIME Industries,
exclusive licensee/manufacturer of GE Construction Sealants. Dorman
will focus on:
- What silicone is and why you should specify it;
- Silicone chemistry and cure properties;
- Common construction applications for silicone;
- Design for structural glazing; and
- Joint design and installation topics.
Bernadette Bautista, applications engineer for Specified Technologies
Inc. (STI), will also be presenting. She will focus on:
- Curtainwall background information;
- Fire testing and standards;
- Elements of curtainwall; and
- STI products and UL/OPL systems (third party lab testing).
HERE to learn more about the event.
Need more info and analysis about the issues?
HERE to subscribe to USGlass magazine.