New ASTM Publication on Building Exterior Wall Systems
April 21, 2009
ASTM International has released STP 1493, Repair, Retrofit,
and Inspection of Building Exterior Wall Systems, which features
18 peer-reviewed papers that address the complex issues of design,
construction, maintenance, evaluation and repair of building exterior
wall systems. System types addressed include facades comprised of
a number of different materials, including glass and metal walls,
aluminum framing and many others.
Topics covered in STP 1493 include:
- Survey and assessment techniques;
- Establishing the integrity of cladding systems and components;
- Case studies of system deterioration and remediation;
- Serviceability issues;
- Seismic retrofit;
- Energy savings attributable to façade upgrades; and
- Re-cladding of existing buildings.
HERE for more information about ASTM International's new publication.
Need more info and analysis about the issues?
HERE to subscribe to USGlass magazine.